2019-2020 OPEN ENROLLMENT STARTS TUESDAY, JANUARY 8, 2019.
Challenger Basic School accepts students with no specific school boundaries. Because our goal is to set each of our students up for a successful school experience while maintaining healthy self-esteem, we highly encourage our new parents to familiarize themselves with our philosophy, curriculum, and expectations. Our intent is to assure students are ready for our rigorous curriculum and structured environment.
- New students are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Children with siblings already attending Challenger Basic School do have first priority.
- Enrollment after a class is full is based on a lottery system. You will receive an email or phone call stating if your child has been accepted or is on the wait list.
- Students are officially enrolled when all enrollment paperwork has been processed including: proof of residency, all updated immunizations, and one of the following:
In requesting documentation of a student's age and identity, Arizona law allows for a number of alternatives:
- A certified copy of the student's birth certificate;
- Other reliable proof of the student's identity and age, including the pupil's baptismal certificate, an application for a social security number or original school registration records and an affidavit explaining the inability to provide a copy of the birth certificate; or
- A letter from the authorized representative of an agency having custody of the student pursuant to A.R.S, Title 8, Chapter 2 certifying that the student has been placed in the custody of the agency as prescribed by law. (A.R.S.§ 15-828(A))
Children must be 5 years old before September 1 for kindergarten eligibility. We do not offer a test-in option for students who are too young. CBS offers two options for Kindergarten: half-day and all-day. ** Parents will have the first week to decide which option their child will attend.